My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
My Tech Quest
and update your bookmarks.

Translate This Page :

How do I Spend My Spare Time?

3 comments - Post a comment

Keep you updated with latest posts, Subscribe Now!














What do you actually do if you have a large amount of spare time? In every semester break, I find myself a lot of free time. What am I going to do with it? Well, I don’t know what you guys usually do with your free time. But it’s actually depends on you and how you find the activities you do will bring benefits to you. So how do I find which activities will bring benefits for me? Well, let me tell you what am I up to during my free time – reading books! Yes, I am currently developing my reading habit.

Books are My Best Friends
Reading books is an enjoyable activity and it fills up our brain with all kinds of knowledge. The knowledge is what I seek from the books. If you ask me about what type of books that I love the most, well they are the books on self-improvement and stock investing. Below is the picture of the books in my reading lists. There are a total of 7 books - 4 in English and 3 in Mandarin.













They will accompany me during this semester break


The Books in My Reading List (picture above in order from the top to bottom)
1. How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
The book was first written and published by Dale Carnegie in 1937. After 70 years, this book is still the best of its kind. I guess most of you knew about this book. In a nutshell. this book teaches you the techniques on how to deal with people and how to win people to your way of thinking. I am highly recommended this book for you.

2. The Secret - Rhonda Byrne
What's so secret about The Secret? Well, in this book, you will learn about the secret in every aspect of your life -- Money, Relationships, Health, Life, Happiness and in every interaction you have in the world. This book contains miraculous stories of The Secret in action and we have twenty-four amazing teachers who contribute towards the content of the book. Again, I am highly recommended this book for you.

3. 爱情课本 - 钟进贺
爱情课本 or The Love's Text Book, is written by a young man from Rawang aka Rawang Boy. Ever heard about the text book about Love? You definitely will not find one in the school's library but it is available in the book store. I bought this in Popular bookstore. Well, this book is targeted to Form 4, 5 students especially the boys. Anyway, it's ok for a 22 years old young man (me!) to read this book. In a nutshell, this book highlights 34 ways that we, boys can apply to 'fish' or tackle the girls. Hey, young man out there, why don't you take out RM 12 from your pocket and purchase this book. It will come in handle later on.

4. 聪明人比你会说话 - 桶口裕一
The title reads as "Clever People Speak Well than You" is written by an author from Japan, also a hot selling book in Japan in 2005. I don't speak Japanese, so I bought the mandarin version of the book. The author highlights a total of 40 type of foolish speaking that we must get rid of or avoid. People judge us from the way how we speak and express ideas. I am sure that we don't want to give bad impression to others people, so how? Solution - change your way of speaking!

5. 十分自信 , 十分成功 (Hundred Percent Successful) - 林庆昭
How to turn self confident into success? Is there any relationship between self confident and becoming successful? This book tell you a lot of short stories which will grow and explode your self confident and turn it into success.

6. I Love Stocks : Your Guide to Profitable Trading - Pauline Yong
Lately, I become very interested in making money from stock investment. So I bought this book. Many people "jump" into stock market without first acquire the sufficient knowledge about the market. In the end, most of them didn't make it in the stock market and blame it on bad luck. If you think luck is what investors need in stock investment, you are totally wrong!!! What you really need is knowledge. In this book, we will learn the basics about stock market (Bursa Malaysia), fundamental analysis, technical analysis, market analysis and stock trading strategies. This book also include score of real life examples which give a clearer picture about stock investment. Stock investing may sounds difficult but with the help of this book, I guess it will not be difficult after all. If you are serious about stock investing, please consider another book, "Stock Investing for Dummies".

7. Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
Who does not know about this book which has over 100 million copies sold worldwide. This book is the right book for people who are seeking financial freedom (me included!). The essence of the book is Napoleon Hill's famous statement: "Everything your mind can conceive, you can achieve" The title says the same, in different words: Think and Grow Rich. This book is the result of over 20 years of study and research on over 500 of America's most successful business men in the start of this century.

With all these books accompany me during this semester break, I will have no reason to feel bored.

Bookmark this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

This Post has 3 Comments Add your own!
Anonymous - December 3, 2007 at 12:02 PM

What a nice guy here who know how to fill his time by reading so many books. It is quite a good hobby since it can let us gain more knowledge and think out of the box beside filling our free time. ^o^

Steve Yu - December 3, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Yes you are right, honey. :-) Always carry along with at least a book wherever we go to keep us company.

Katherine Kiew - December 5, 2007 at 12:59 PM

^o^

Post a Comment